Monday, September 14, 2009

Food Adventure - XV: Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant Parmesan is one of those dishes that make my mouth water just by the thought of it. And since moving back to CS, this had to be my special dinner adventure. So on july 11th on my regular grocery list, I added marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese,eggs and italian eggplant (we had some pasta left). I took Bobby Flay's and Nithya's recipe and modified it per our taste and what was available. We had only 3 slices of old bread, so couldn't get much for the bread crumbs. I combined marinara sauce with my maggi tomato hot and sweet ketchup to lightly coat the pasta and added a little garlic-chilli sauce to marinara sauce to bake the eggplants. The preparation took painfully long (we both were too hungry for the time it was taking).. the marinating eggplant slices in salt.... heating the bread slices in the oven... pan frying the eggplant... then dipping in egg white.. coating with bread crumbs... pan frying again... baking it... aah the wait for good food.. but it was worth the wait.. we LOVED it!! Buon Appetito!



No comments: