Sunday, August 02, 2009

Online Food Events: JFI (Jhiva for ingredients)

New job - Again! yes! Job in CS means, walking to work with kaushik, lunch with kaushik, coffee breaks with kaushik and dinner with kaushik: Things I missed the most in the past 2 years.
So now that I am not spending most of my weekend-time driving, I can restart my hobbies or shall we say experiments. So I decided to take part in online food events. I have read about many such events across the food-blogosphere, but found one that interests me on my most-frequently-visited food blog Mahanandi; JFI (Jihva for Ingredients). Ingredient for July was 'Chilli'. I thought of many things to make: Stuffed Capsicum, Mirchi Ka Salan and Curd Chillies. And, made them. But found out/read that others have sent the same recipes, so I just kept them for us. The stuffed capsicum was again quite filling and the mirchi ka salan was simply tasty! (i never thought i could make it!) But the dahi mirchi was a flop show! thanks to the untimely sand storm. (i have no clue where in CS do we have so much sand...oh wait a min.. must be from the new biomed building construction site across the street...huh!)


So I patiently waited for August and the ingredient chosen was 'peanuts'.. yay! i was all up to make peanut brittle/palli patti/chikki. I soon found out/read that the host made it for the event..so i didn't make palli patti, but did make many many many ... ok 6 new pindivantalu for varalakshmi vratham.

No comments: